B.Sc Agriculture is an undergraduate degree that can be pursued by students who have completed 10+2 and have a science background. It is a four-year programme in which students learn everything there is to know about agricultural sciences, including how to use modern scientific equipment and techniques in agriculture, soil science, land surveying, water resource management, biotechnology fundamentals, and animal and poultry management.
AG-BSC specializes in
Eligibility Criteria For AG-BSC
Entrance tests for AG-BSC
Annually, about 15,000 students are admitted to India’s universities at the undergraduate level across 11 disciplines. B.Sc. Agriculture courses are offered by a large number of private colleges and universities.
Colleges offering B.Sc Agriculture degrees may require you to take one of these popular entrance examsh
Given that India is known for its agricultural land and farming, this is one industry where there will never be a scarcity of jobs. While there are several work opportunities in this industry, the goal of this course is to provide skilled individuals for improved product management and future improvements. It’s also a fantastic alternative to a B.E. or B.Tech Agriculture degree.
- Good employment opportunities in State and Central Government ministries and departments, rural and nationalised banks, agricultural finance corporation research institutions, KrishiVigyankendras, agro-industry sector, various agricultural universities and service organisations.
- Agriculture is a very lucrative industry in India and also at the global level.
- After pursuing B.Sc Agriculture, applicants can choose to set up their own business in economic sectors.
- Applicants can also work as inspectors or agricultural managers in farm-related organisations, food processing unit, dairy fields, breeding centers and NGOs.
- Agricultural Portfolio Manager
- Actuarial Analyst
- Program Manager
- Agricultural Lecturer
- Research Analyst
- Farming Consultant